Wax Jambu Fruits are pear-shaped structure and have a thin pink skin, with crisp white tissue, which is slightly aromatic in taste and smell. Wax Jambu is native to the Philippines, India, Indonesia and Malaysia. Common names of the fruit include wax apple, love apple, Java apple, chomphu, Rose apple, Bell fruit, makopa, tambis Philippines. The wax apple tree also grows in the Caribbean. Dominican Republic a small sub-species of the wax apple is known as cajuilito, or small cashew. In Tamil language is called Jambakkai.the fruit is also used to add taste to salads with a faint compliment to the flavor.
The Pomerac (Rose Apple) fruit is oblong or even pear shaped having a deep red skin or even mild red/pinkish skin and also white-colored flesh. The flesh features a semi sharp yet sleek consistency. In spite of, the firm feel, the external skin of the pomerac is extremely fragile and also bruises effortlessly. Post-harvest, the fruit could be saved at room temperature for approximately 6 days.
- Wax Apple is undoubtedly a tonic for the brain and liver in India.
- In India, the fruit is considered as a tonic for the brain and liver. A distillation of the fruit behaves as a diuretic.
- A sweetened preparation of the flowers is considered to lessen a fever.
- The leaf decoction is used for sore eyes, also works as a diuretic and expectorant and cure for rheumatism.
- A number of Traditional Medicinal Utilizes which aren’t however clinically confirmed
- The seeds are utilized towards diarrhea, dysentery and also catarrh.
- In Nicaragua, it is often claimed that the infusion of roasted, powdered seeds is effective to diabetics.
- In Colombia, they promise that the Rose Apple seeds provide a painkiller property.
- The Cuban people think that the root is an efficient treatment for epilepsy.
- Wax Apple vinegar can help to prevent the formation of kidney stone.